TYAN Exhibits AMD EPYC™ Processor-Based Storage and HPC Server Platforms at Computex 2018
Taipei, Taiwan – Computex 2018 – June 5, 2018 – TYAN®, an industry-leading server platform design manufacturer and a subsidiary of MiTAC Computing Technology Corporation, is introducing a full line of storage and HPC server platforms based on AMD EPYC™ processor that are targeted at datacenter markets at Computex 2018 in Taipei, Taiwan, June 5-9.
“Today’s data-driven business is reshaping the world and has brought data center efficiency to the spotlight,” said Danny Hsu, Vice President of MiTAC Computing Technology Corporation's TYAN Business Unit. “TYAN’s AMD EPYC-based server platforms can help accelerate big data and in-memory database applications that require large memory sizes, high memory bandwidth, and high-bandwidth I/O to manage and analyze massive amounts of unstructured data.”
Single-Socket Storage Platforms to Deliver High-Performance Feature to Datacenters
TYAN maximizes the single socket AMD EPYC’s value to develop a wide range of single-socket server systems that can deliver dual socket features and performance. Both the Transport SX TN70A-B8026 and Transport SX TN70E-B8026 are designed for software defined storage, content distribution, and enterprise workloads in a 2U form factor. The TN70A-B8026 spans four different storage options: 24 hot-swap NVMe U.2 drives and 2 NVMe M.2 drives for all-flash storage applications, 16 hot-swap NVMe U.2 drives and 8 SATA drives, 8 hot-swap NVMe U.2 drives and 16 SATA bays for tiered storage, and 24 hot-swap SATA drives for general purpose storage. The TN70E-B8026 supports 8 3.5” hot-swap SATA drives and 4 hot-swap NVMe U.2 drives for high capacity and high performance hybrid storage.
For high density and high efficiency storage applications, TYAN’s Transport SX GT62F-B8026 features 10 hot-swap NVMe U.2 drives and 2 NVMe M.2 drives and is designed for extremely high speed data streaming applications, supporting up to 300Gb/s of Ethernet and balanced 300Gb/s to the SSDs. More general purpose applications can utilize 10 2.5” hot-swap SATA drives, making it ideal for enterprise applications, data center deployment, virtualization, software defined storage, and general purpose server workloads.
High Performance Computing to Address Most Demanding HPC and AI applications
The Transport HX GA88-B8021 features support for up to six GPU cards within a 1U chassis and is the highest density server for AI inference available on the market. The platform takes full advantage of the AMD EPYC architecture by allowing maximum GPU deployment without the use of PCIe switching. The GA88-B8021 offers an additional PCIe x16 slot for accommodating a high-speed networking adapter with bandwidth up to 100Gb/s such as EDR InfiniBand or 100 Gigabit Ethernet. It is ideal for artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep neural network training and inferencing workloads.
For the most demanding workloads, TYAN’s Transport HX TN76A-B8242 leverages major advancements of AMD EPYC dual socket in compute cores, memory, PCIe I/O and security capabilities to deliver excellent performance. The system supports for up to 32 DIMMs and 26 2.5” hot-swap SATA drives for HPC and virtualization applications.
The Thunder SX GT62F-B5630 is a 1U server platform designed for hybrid NVMe/SATA cache data storage with support for up to 8 hot-swap NVMe U.2 drives and 2 SATA drives. The single Intel Xeon Scalable Processor design along with an OCP v2.0 LAN Mezzanine makes it an ideal platform for workloads that work best within a single NUMA domain and require large amounts of high-speed flash, such as many media streaming applications.
TYAN’s AMD EPYC-based server platforms @ Computex 2018:
- Transport SX GT62F-B8026: 1U single-socket EPYC processor-based platform with support for up to 16 DDR4 DIMM slots, 2 PCIe x16 slots, and 10 2.5” hot-swap drive bays. These bays are pre-configured to support 10 NVMe U.2, or 10 SATA 6Gb/s drives
- Transport SX TN70A-B8026: 2U single-socket EPYC processor-based platform with support for up to 16 DDR4 DIMM slots, 5 PCIe x8 slots, and 24 2.5” hot-swap drive bays. These bays are pre-configured to support 24 NVMe U.2, or 16/8 SATA 6Gb/s plus 8/16 NVMe U.2, or 24 SATA 6Gb/s drives.
- Transport SX TN70E-B8026: 2U single-socket EPYC processor-based platform with support for up to 16 DDR4 DIMM slots, 1 PCIe x8 slot, and 12 3.5” hot-swap SAS 12Gb/s or SATA 6Gb/s drives, 4 of the bays support NVMe U.2 drives by option
- Transport HX GA88-B8021: 1U single-socket EPYC processor-based platform with support for up to 4 double-width, or 6 single-width GPU cards, 16 DDR4 DIMM slots, 1 PCIe x16 slot, and 2 2.5" hot-swap SATA 6Gb/s drives.
- Transport HX TN76A-B8242: 2U dual-socket EPYC processor-based platform with support for up to 32 DDR4 DIMM slots, 9 PCIe x8 slots, and 26 2.5” hot-swap SATA 6Gb/s devices, 24 of the bays support NVMe U.2 drives by option
- Tomcat SX S8026: single-socket EPYC processor-based server motherboard in EATX (12” x 13”) form factor for all-flash storage server deployment