Magellan to Announce New RoadMate RC9485T-LMB GPS for Independent Truckers and Professional Commercial Drivers at International CES 2015
7" Android GPS Includes SmartGPS Eco Cloud Content and a Host of Truck Navigation Features
5 January, 2015 – Las Vegas, NV – Magellan, a leader of innovative GPS devices and content services for vehicles, fitness, outdoor, and mobile navigation, announces its latest commercial series GPS, the RoadMate RC9485T-LMB, at International CES. The Magellan RoadMate RC9485T-LMB is a 7" Android truck GPS navigation system optimized for independent truckers and professional commercial drivers. It will be demonstrated during CES in the Magellan booth, LVCC South Hall 2 - MP25441.
With an extra loud speaker, an external Audio/Video input for a backup camera and a 7" glass capacitive touch panel, the RC9485T-LMB ensures a safe and convenient trip for all drivers. Its OneTouch favorites menu offers ease-of-use and allows for a personalized travel experience.
The RC9485T-LMB is compatible with the Magellan SmartGPS Eco cloud, giving drivers easy access to time and money-saving content such as: real-time fuel pricing information, weather (including five-day forecast and overlays), truck speed limit warnings and IP traffic.
"Our new RoadMate RC9485T-LMB Android navigation device offers comprehensive navigation solutions by providing best-in-class software as well as unsurpassed connectivity, and real-time content delivered by our SmartGPS Eco cloud," remarked Stig Pedersen, Magellan associate vice president, product management. "We are very excited to be showing our new device at this year's CES and look forward to the positive response from attendees."
The Magellan RoadMate RC9485T-LMB offers users a host of truck navigation features. These include:
- Multiple Driver Log-in allows drivers to log HOS (hours of service) and driving status, track hours and record state mileage for IFTA fuel logging. Drivers can also conveniently export all logs for reporting and tracking of each trip.
- Customizable Truck Route sets up vehicle profile and calculates routes based on height, weight, width, length, and hazmat restrictions; it guides users according to their route preferences and vehicle profile.
- Multiple-Stop Routing lets drivers plan their trip with multiple stops in the order they want or automatically optimizes for the most efficient route, helping to save time and money.
- Free Lifetime Traffic Alerts, sent directly to their GPS unit, lets users plan more precise travel times and ETAs by avoiding traffic jams and other delays.
- Junction View displays a realistic image of the road and highway signs to help guide drivers to the correct lane that the vehicle needs to be in for safe merging and exiting.
- Landmark Guidance gives users an easier way to navigate to their destinations by telling them to turn at familiar landmarks, such as gas stations, stores or other large, easily-seen places instead of only street names that may be hard to locate and/or read.
- Highway Lane Assist helps when navigating complex highway interchanges, ensuring that a driver stays on the correct roadway.
- Exit POIs indicate where truck stops, food, lodging, rest areas, and weigh stations are located at an approaching exit.
- Integrated Bluetooth® 4.0 wireless technology allows drivers to safely talk hands free on compatible Bluetooth phones.
Pricing and Availability
The Magellan RoadMate RC9485T-LMB will be available in Q1 with an MSRP of $299.99. Additional information about Magellan's navigation products is available at www.magellangps.com.
Headquartered in Santa Clara, CA, MiTAC Digital Corporation, manufacturer of the Magellan (www.magellangps.com) brand of portable GPS navigation devices, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MiTAC International Corporation. Magellan, the industry leader for innovative GPS navigation devices since 1986, globally markets award-winning products in multiple categories including auto, RV, commercial, outdoor, fitness and mobile. Continuing its spirit of innovation, Magellan is developing new cloud-based technologies, wearables, OEM and B-to-B solutions to meet the changing needs of today’s consumers.